Re: Remove the ChangeLog

2012-11-22 10:51, Murray Cumming skrev:
I think I'm ready to give up the hand-edited ChangeLog, in favour of just generating it from the git log.
Hopefully we can find something that generates a ChangeLog that looks as normal as possible.
The dist-changelog target in http://git.gnome.org/browse/mm-common/tree/build/dist-changelog.am generates a nice ChangeLog file. mm-common itself uses it, and mm-common-prepare copies it.
  It will make
git merging, rebasing, cherry-picking, etc, easier. It shouldn't be hard with git, but it still is, and
it's getting in the way.

Any objection?
No, not at all. ChangeLog is unnecessary when the same information is available in the git commit messages.

Kjell

murray murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com