Re: Gtk::Application with a non-unique gtk appl

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 14:25 +0200, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> I don't understand exactly when should I use the Gtk::Application
> class,
> and when should I avoid using it and instead use Gtk::Main which is
> marked as deprecated.

Gtk::Main is deprecated, so you should try not use it.

Gtk::Application, when used in its most simple way, is just a way to
initialize gtkmm. That is how it is used in the latest versions of most
gtkmm examples.

> In particular, my application has no "uniqueness" requirement. I would
> imagine
> that some user might want to run a few processes (e.g. a few
> "instances") of it
> on the same desktop.

I don't think there is any "unique application/process" behaviour when
using Gtk::Application without overriding any of the appropriate virtual
methods.

We do need more documentation for full use of Gtk::Application, and
hopefully will soon, but you don't need to worry about that if you
aren't interested in it.

www.openismus.com