Re: Deadlock in Gst::init()

On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 12:02 -0400, Kurt Miller wrote:
> > Hi José,
> >
> > Thanks for the ideas. Your thinking this is a symbol conflict, right? I tried
> > the rename of gst_adder_get_type() to gst_adder_mm_get_type() in
> > adder.cc and wrap_init.cc. This worked to get past the adder recursion,
> > however the same problem exists in next next plugin to be loaded:
> > audioconvert.
> >
> > I'm now thinking this might be due to binutils 2.17 and later new feature:
> > -Bsymbolic-functions. Can you confirm if gst-plugins-base plugins are
> > linked with -Bsymbolic-functions? This would explain why the local
> > function is used over the one in gstreamermm.
>
> Hi José,
>
> I think it should be reproduceable if you configure plugins-base
> with --disable-Bsymbolic.

It's still not reproducible here even if both GStreamer and
gst-plugins-base are configured with the --disable-Bsymbolic option.
The gst_adder_get_type() function in gstadder.c is still called from the
plugin_init() function as before.

At any rate, I've made a new release where the custom plug-in
*_get_type() functions are named in such a way so as not to conflict
with the GStreamer *_get_type() function names.  This should fix this
problem though it is not clear why it is happening.

--
José