Re: No macro in gdkkeysyms.h seems to match the enter key.

Your result is 65515 = 0xffeb = GDK_KEY_Super_L.
On my PC GDK_KEY_Super_L is the left Windows key (the one with the Microsoft Windows symbol, looking like a flexible window).

Oh dear, that is the keypress which I used to jump from the application window to the terminal emulator to look at the output; after the enter keypress event had been caught by a child widget, not producing any output…

I could and should have done this little dec-hex lookup by myself. Sorry to have bothered you, and thanks!

Carlos