Re: double free in Assistant's destructor =?UTF-8?B?KEFQScKgdjIu?= =?UTF-8?B?NCk=?=

On 29/02/12 20:14, José Alburquerque wrote:
Are the versions that you're using on linux and windows the same?

Oh, with linux updating automatically, I did not see that it's not the same version anymore. Linux: 2.24.2, Win32: 2.22.0

The crash occurs in an internal class of sigc++: a signal seems to be
disconnected twice since the debuger displays that a function pointer of
value 0xfeefee is called with another pointer of address 0xfeefee as
argument.
Can you provide a small test case with the crash?

I'm working on it but this is unfortunatly unlikely… :o(
The Assistant contains custom Widgets (that work perfectly in other applications, both on Linux and Win32).

Moreover, closing the Assistant before the end (click on "Cancel") crashes only after a couple of pages. That's why I asked if there are limitations: the Widgets I use if the pages are ok, so I wondered if there were conditions on the destructor order (e.g.: managed pointed widgets vs plain member widgets) or on the use of ActionGroups.

Is calling "delete this" legit on a Widget?
Sure, probably when the widget will no longer be used.  Using
Gtk::manage() is probably easier to ensure that the widget is
automatically destroyed.

How can an I "manage" an Assistant? As far as I know, it is not a child of another widget…

Thanks
yann