destroying (by closing) a modeless GtkMessageDialog ?

Hello,

What is the correct way to implement a modeless
Gtk::MessageDialog which is *destroyed* when its CLOSE button is activated,
or when the underlying window is closed?

My MyDialog class (subclass of Gtk::MessageDialog) has a Glib::RefPtr<MyDialog>
somewhere (for simplicity, you could assume in the main application window).

Obviously, one can't delete the object instance in its signal_response().
I was thinking of using Glib::signal_idle().connect_once with a ptr_fun
for Glib::RefPtr<MyDialog>::clear ...

I'm using Gtk 3.4 & GtkMM 3.4 if that matters on Linux/Debian/Sid

Regards.

PS. The exact code is in function ShownLocationInfo::on_dialog_response of
http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/branches/melt-branch/contrib/simplemelt-gtkmm-probe.cc