GStreamer plugin (C++)

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a gstreamer plugin in C++, using the GStreamermm
bindings. Now, there's a good plugins writers guide
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/),
and on the web there's various examples and templates, but for
gstreamermm, there's very little amount of documentation whatsoever.

I know I could just resort to using a mixture of C and C++, but using
the C++ bindings seems so much more elegant.

Simply 'translating' the examples found in the gstreamer pwg to
gstreamermm is kind of a dead end; gstreamer requires the use of quite
a few macros for defining types, which I cannot see an immediate
gstreamermm translation to. Additionally, I have only little
experience with gstreamer, and absolutely no experience with gobj
(yet).

Is anyone able to put me on the right track? Even the tiniest example
or explanation would do.

Thanks in advance,
-Dirk

PS: If I end up with something working, I will most definitely release
it to the public domain.