Re: disable automatic resizing for every widgets within the main window

I really need help on this if possible could I get a reply thanks.

Cheers,

Kiet Tran

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM, kiet tran <vietory2g gmail com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am writing an application on a very old hardware, thus I want to optimise GTK as much as I can. At the moment the performance on my application is not what I want, which it leads me to do some research and found out that Gtk::label or any widgets that live inside the main window will automatically resize itself if any one of them's size just changed. For instance if I want to just change the text of a label then Gtk will just from that label and recalculate the size of everything in the main window. I think that is why my program's performance is not where I want.

The reason being my application consists of around 100 buttons and possibly each one of them will have a sub menu of another 15 buttons so by just changing one label in one of those button will resize the rest is just too much bottle neck for my application.

Sorry so my question is, is there any way to disable this or I have to go to every one of the widgets and manually do it by using these two functions:

set_reallocate_redraws(false) and set_redraw_on_allocate(false)

if possible as well could someone explain to me what is the difference of these 2.

Cheers,

Kiet Tran