Re: very basic question

That's it!  So simple and yet so frustrating.  Thank you very much.

Andy Gilman

On 01/06/2012 04:14 PM, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
2012-01-06 19:22, Andy Gilman skrev:
A newbie (seemingly perpetually), I am stumped trying to change the background color of an eventbox. I have included this line:

  eventbox.modify_bg(Gtk::STATE_NORMAL, &color)

(having defined a color, I think appropriately), but I keep being told that eventbox has no member called "modify_bg. Obviously I am missing something obvious, but what?

Thanks.

Andy Gilman
Which version of gtkmm are you using?
In gtkmm-2.4 Gtk::Widget::modify_bg exists, and is inherited by Gtk::EventBox.
In gtkmm3.0 modify_bg has been replaced by override_background_color.
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm/stable/classGtk_1_1Widget.html#a21bd07ea93c9ca484402e7e67981ae19