Re: double free in Assistant's destructor =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=28API=A0v2=2E4=29?=

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 16:29 +0100, Yann Leydier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a crash when closing an Assistant on win32 (no crash on
> linux, and valgrind does not report anything suspicious). The
> Assistant's close and cancel signals are bound to a member function that
> simply contains "delete this;".

Are the versions that you're using on linux and windows the same?

> The crash occurs in an internal class of sigc++: a signal seems to be
> disconnected twice since the debuger displays that a function pointer of
> value 0xfeefee is called with another pointer of address 0xfeefee as
> argument.

Can you provide a small test case with the crash?

> Is there any precaution when using Assistant that must be taken? Are
> there limitations on the widgets that can be attached to an Assistant?

The gtk+ docs don't mention any:
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.3/GtkAssistant.html#GtkAssistant.description

> Is calling "delete this" legit on a Widget?

Sure, probably when the widget will no longer be used.  Using
Gtk::manage() is probably easier to ensure that the widget is
automatically destroyed.