Re: Gtk::Application::create_window() - zombie or not?

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 00:56 +0200, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> I was recently playing with concept of application in gtkmm. I've done
> some class overloading to customize application etc. Then I found in
> gtkmm documentation reference to method/function called create_window().
> It is mentioned in add_window() method description, but there is no such
> method in any base class of Gtk::Application nor in Gtk::Application
> class itself. I did some grep over the source code of gtkmm and glibmm
> and I get the following result (from gtkmm only):
>
> gtkmm/ChangeLog:3906:    * gtk/src/application.hg: Added create_window().
> gtkmm/gtk/src/application.hg:99:   * of Gtk::Application you should call
> create_window()
>
> My questions are:
> - What for is this function/method used or in what context?
> - Should I bother to overload it in my custom Application class (if so how)?
> - From where is this function/method called in the gtkmm code?

That add_window() documentation does seem to be nonsense, though maybe
it made sense once. I have corrected it:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm/commit/?id=a40e5be5436324b8933e48357fcbcc14017c6946

By the way, there are some examples here, though they are not mentioned
in the text of the gtkmm book yet:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/application

www.openismus.com