Re: keyboard events?

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM, D. R. Evans <doc evans gmail com> wrote:
What documentation do I need to read in order to understand to detect
keyboard events (in particular, detecting and timing shift keys
depressions)?

I'm not 100% here, but I think the "modifier" keys (Shift, control, alt, "apple" if you happen to have one of those...) aren't actually broadcast like that. If I remember correctly, they are sent "along" with another keypress, like the letter A. Then you'll get one GdkKeyEvent, and that will have the "key" and the "modifier" list.

Pretty sure that's how it works... tried finding the docs, as you mention there's not much on keys out there.
Good luck, -Harry