Re: Encrypted Glib::ustring(s)

В Вто, 22/11/2011 в 21:55 +0100, Glus Xof пишет:
> Hi guys,
>

> In the past, I already wrote you about this subjet... but it's not
> really solved at all.
>
> The question is that sometimes, when I try to send encrypted messages
> throw socket connections using the low-level gio socket objects, the
> received messages are broken, uncomplete.
>
> I wonder if it's due to any specifical bit sequence... but, I haven't
> enough knowledge to test and find the ultimate solution.
>
> So, with respect and very consideration of your work, I'd like to
> propose for the community to implement the following...
>
> enum METHOD
> {
> 	Glib::ENCRYPT_AES256
> 	Glib::ENCRYPT_AES128
> 	[...]
> };
>
> Glib::ustring::encrypt (ENCRYPT_METHOD method, Glib::ustring passphrase);
> Glib::ustring::decrypt (ENCRYPT_METHOD method, Glib::ustring passphrase);
>
> gsize Gio::Socket->send (Glib::ustring);
> Glib::ustring Gio::Socket->receive(gsize size);
>
> What do you think about it? Is it possible ?

It`s possible, but it`s a wrong way. In my opinion:
1. If there are any problems with data transfer, you should double -
check your code. May be you should you TCP instead of UDP.
2. There is no consistent way to make this possible:
	Glib::ustring Gio::Socket->receive(gsize size)
Data transferring over media( network ) is a bit stream, so a developer
have to control what type of data is this stream( network protocol );