Re: Z-ordering

Hi Ian,

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:14:35 +1300 you wrote:
> You're talking about effectively replacing widgets, though, so a second
> window won't achieve the effect you want.

Actually I don't think the OP was. I think, given his references to how
nCurses works, that he wants either a series of modal dialogues, or an
MDI interface. Since Gtk does not support the latter, he should
consider designing his application for multiple windows and let the WM
deal with Z-order.

HTH,
Rob