Gio::Error::Code

Hi,

I know this is a little random in the wake of gtkmm 3, but it's rather bad that Gio::Error::Code is an enum and that Gio::Errors are not typed. This goes against established C++ design principles. It is not possible to catch an Gio exception by type, but you need to resort to a switch statement or simple ifs.

I know that most likely this is something that isn't going to change, seeing as it hasn't been modified for gtkmm 3, but I still propose that at least a wrapper i.e. Gio::TypedError is introduced, which handles the error code internally and basically re-throws a typed exception.

--
Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is