Re: ustring::compose and win32

Le jeudi 19 mai 2011 à 23:41 +0100, Chris Vine a écrit :
> On Thu, 19 May 2011 21:00:12 +0200
> Bastien Durel <bastien durel org> wrote:
> > The question is now : "how to make g_convert work?"
>
> I guess you are looking at the code in
> ustring::FormatStream::to_string() in ustring.cc.

You're right.

> On unix-like systems, whether g_convert() supports a WCHAR_T target
> depends on whether iconv() supports it.  glibc's iconv() does, and
> normally on unix-like systems this would be mapped to UTF-32. It looks
> as if whatever provides the equivalent conversion support for windows
> does not.
>
> Two or three years ago the definition of SIZEOF_WCHAR_T was omitted when
> configuring glibmm for windows, I think because it caused some build
> problems somewhere.  It looks as if the code in ustring.cc hasn't
> caught up with this.  I guess this shows how infrequently glibmm is
> used under windows.  I should file a bug at bugzilla.
>
> In meantime, since as far as I am aware in all windows systems
> sizeof(wchar_t) is in fact 2, you could patch the preprocessor
> conditional compilation statement so that it only tests G_OS_WIN32.

As I prefer not to recompile gtkmm (windows is not my primary target,
and I did not succeed to compile it simply running msvc on the .sln), I
choose another hack :

https://github.com/BastienDurel/NR-deckbuilder/commit/16457166a8ae92ce9828fc9b4d0f007f3ab893c6

this will not solve already-compiled code, but is sufficient to use
compose.

Thanks for looking.

--
Bastien Durel