Re: Gtkmm for Windows: difference between runtime and devel

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 16:29 +0100, Carlos Lopez Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi,
> browsing the 32 bits installation programs from the gtkmm for windows
> installers [1] I've noticed that since 2.16 there is only
> gtkmm-win32-devel versions and there are not gtkmm-win32-runtime
> versions like in 2.14 and before.

The reason the runtime package is no longer available is that we
encourage to ship the gtkmm runtime with your application instead of
requiring your users to install the runtime separately. There are
instructions on the Wiki how to do so:
http://live.gnome.org/action/info/gtkmm/MSWindows/#Redistributing

> What's the difference between both and why there are not runtime
> versions since 2.16?
>

> Another question: If I find a runtime bug (crash) in the demo, where
> should I report it?

Please report it in the bugtracker:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gtkmm

> Thanks