Re: Help with Clutter::Scriptable

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 01:57 +0100, Chris Kühl wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Brian Gregg <biscuitalmighty gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Someone on IRC suggested I email this list, specifically asking for Chris Kuhl.
> >
> > I'm having trouble with Clutter::Scritable (cluttermm-1.2 if that matters, OS X as well).  I'm looking for a simple example of how to implement the Clutter::Scriptable interface so I can script my custom Clutter::Actor's.  I don't need any custom properties right now, I just want to be able to script the properties of Clutter::Actor (width, height, position, etc.).
> >

> Hi Brian,
>
> Being that the JSON objects are using C-types it's not clear to me yet
> how to script a custom actor using cluttermm. I'll look at this more
> deeply tomorrow.

You can define a custom GType when deriving in C++. You must call the
virtual base constructor (weirdness ahoy) in your initializer list:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/custom/custom_widget/mywidget.cc#n26

Then you can presumably just mention that GType name in your JSON
script.

If it helps, you can add regular GObject properties by just using
Glib:property_proxy<> as a member variable.

www.openismus.com