Re: glibmm: Creating a DBus namespace?

I very much doubt there is any chance to getting the C API namings changed.

In glibmm/gtkmm however there is the chance to improve on that. There is always the lingering question, at times more prominent than others, whether it is the "right" thing to do, i.e. to deviate from the C API, but I have personally always maintained, maybe not openly expressed, that the relation between the C API and g*mm should never go as far as to make the C++ API seem awkward; I'm sure it's not a big problem to even beginner programmers to adjust to the namespace change in the case of going from the C to the C++ API and staying there.

I do however see it as a bit problematic in case you need to switch between C++ and C documentation in case something isn't wrapped yet or not documented thoroughly enough, which would be, as I see it, the only thing that speaks against my own proposition, but then again it's all already in a Gio::* namespace so in effect it wouldn't make a difference and I think using Gio::DBus:: is the better alternative.