Re: glibmm: Creating a DBus namespace?

The "namespacing" in the C layer is very confusing. First, GDBus is part of GIO, but types are named GDBus*, not GioDBus*.

Then there are the "methods", which are named g_dbus_*, which would much rather suggest being a part of Glib itself, rather than GIO, but so is everything else in GIO (GFile*, g_file_*).

It's not easy for me to come to an inner consensus here but since there is already a Gio namespace in glibmm and even a Gio::DBus one, I'd prefer to see these classes move into Gio::DBus::*, but definitely not into GDBus::*.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Jacky Alcine <jacky alcine thesii org> wrote:
Sounds like a very good idea, promotes OOP-style coding.

--
*Jacky Alcine* Blog <http://jdevelopthis.blogspot.com> | Wintermute Blog
<http://wintermuteai.wordpress.com> | Ubuntu Wiki