intercepting key release in an entry

Hi,

I have a set of entries and I want the following behaviour: when the user types <space>, the focus passes to the next entry, when the user types <shift-space> a regular space is inserted in the entry.

As the insert_text event does not allow to check key modifiers, I tried to connect to the key_release_event (I added it to the event mask) with after=false and returning true when <space> is pressed to prevent the signal from being dispatched any further, but the space is still inserted in the entry.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
yann