How to handle focus for treeview cells?

I am using TreeView with my custom ListStore model to show grid with
data. Each column represented at least with 2 CellRenderers:
- first CellRenderePixbuf
- second CellRendererText (Toggle, Progress, etc)
In some cases I am packing 1 more CellRenderer into TreeViewColumn to
handle something like html link navigation between forms with data.

The problem is that I cannot disable focus moving and drawing for each
cell, instead of moving/drawing for whole column.

I've been looking at docs and read that is_activatable() == false and/or
property_mode() == INERT should be responsible for focus behavior, but
could not get it working properly anyway.

Could someone give me example or point where to look at (sources, docs)
to fix focus navigation in TreeView, please?

thanks in advance,

----------------------
Installed Component versions:
atk-2.0.0