Gtk::VariantIter replacement

Gtk::VariantIter is useful only for classes, which are derived from
Gtk::VariantContainerBase class. Has not it more sense to make
Gtk::VariantIter more STL-styled?

For example:
Gtk::VariantContainerBase::iterator iter;
Gtk::VariantContainerBase::const_iterator const_iter;

In my opinion current usage of Gtk::VariantIter is useful only for
non-OOP languages.
Am I wrong?

--
"No Civilization = Freedom"
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity.

My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what
they look like.