Re: segmentation fault when window closes

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:27:17 +0100
Piscium <groknok gmail com> wrote:
> On 23 September 2010 08:04, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
> wrote:
>
> > Please try a debugger (such as gdb) and/or valgrind.
>
> Thanks, Murray. I tried gdb, and the backtrace does show the ustring
> dtor as I expected. The root issue however is probably that I am
> missing the copy constructor as Rob Pearce suggested - though I won't
> have time to test that hypothesis tonight.

The backtrace is telling you where the segfault arises.  It is not
telling you where the bug in your code is.  I can absolutely assure you
that the Glib::ustring destructor does not have a memory error in it,
assuming Fedora has not introduced one on its own account in its
glibmm package.  Valgrind will tell you where a memory error (such as
double deleting) is occurring in your code.

Do you have objects held by pointer in your class?

Chris