Glade & ComboBoxEntry

I'm new to gtkmm and glade and trying to make my second gui app with it. Alas getting confused by all the different tutorials and explanations out there on the web.

What I want to do is have something like a ComboBoxEntry widget that has a menu of options (utf8 character strings). Preferably, I just want to define these in the XML file that Glade produces.

The idea is that the user can select one and edit it as he/she wishes. Then that edited value gets used bt the program when the Enter key is pressed, or perhaps by clicking a button somewhere.

If anyone can explain what I need, or can tell me of a web site that shows how to do this (using glade and gtkmm with C++) it be much appreciated :)