Re: Dbus bindings: dbus-cxx or dbus-c++?

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 21:05 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 18:44 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:19:49 +0200
> > Germán Diago <germandiago gmail com> wrote:
> > > Hello. I'm looking for c++ bindings for dbus in gnome. I would like
> > > to know which
> > > of these bindings I should use.
> > > For what I saw it looks like dbus-cxx is better mantained. Is
> > > dbus-c++ still actively mantained? Are they usable for real projects?
> > > Thanks in advance. _______________________________________________
> > > gtkmm-list mailing list
> > > gtkmm-list gnome org
> > > http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtkmm-list
> >
> > Finger trouble.  What I meant to say was:
> >
> > Presumably the next glibmm release will wrap GDBus, which seems the
> > best target to aim for if you can wait for it.
>
> Actually, it would be great if someone could look at that. Thanks to
> Jose, we now have Glib::Variant, wrapping GVariant, which it uses.
>
> These links seems to be relevant:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/unstable/gdbus-lowlevel.html
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/unstable/gdbus-convenience.html
>
> Maybe we should start by wrapping this:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/unstable/GDBusConnection.html
> and this:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/unstable/GDBusMessage.html

We have now wrapped much of the new glib DBus API in glibmm, though
there's probably still lots to do. It would be great it someone played
with it a bit, or even tried to write some example code. Otherwise, I
fear that it might not be ready in time for the stable release.

www.openismus.com