Custom widget and propagate on_expose_event

Hi,

I'm writing a sort of custom defined widget, which consists of several standard widgets.

It is derived from Gtk::Frame and has a Gtk::VBox . In the VBox I placed some buttons, labels and a drawing area. So far everything works quit well. For purposes like raising and moving this widget, I thought it was better to give the widget a Gdk:: window and I added this in the on_realize() method of this widget. Now when I run it only the Gdk::window is shown, so I have to add something in the on_expose_event to let the widget draws itself completely, but I don't know what.

pls help

regards
Kees Kling