Re: glibmm ABI name for gtkmm 3

At the moment, I think we will just break glibmm ABI at a particular
glibmm version and not attempt to wrap that version of glib for both
glibmm ABIs.

The current glib is 2.24. The next one will be glib 2.26, probably
within 6 months. I suggest that glibmm 2.26 will wrap glib 2.6, without
breaking ABI.

Then glibmm 2.28 would break ABI and wrap glib 2.8.

I think it's wroth waiting until glib 2.28 because I don't believe that
GTK+ 3.0.0 (or GNOME 3) will be done within six months. But that's not
the official GTK+ or GNOME opinion. If I am wrong then we can quickly
adapt.

In the meantime, so we can start work in a branch, we need some
temporary ABI name that is obviously not something to consider stable. I
suggest glibmm-2.26maybe .

www.openismus.com