Re: trouble shooting...
- From: Kenneth Adam Miller <kennethadammiller gmail com>
- To: gtkmm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: trouble shooting...
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:11:44 -0600
sorry posts expired
main file: http://cpp.pastebin.com/RV3uQtQv
I guess I should've explained the problem a bit better.
I want to create a tabbed window like what the firefox or devhelp programs have.
right now, this is just an experiment with the buttons being completely separate from everything else
one thing that's wrong with this particular code is when the notebook has had two pages created, and then
the close tab button is clicked, it crashes. I want to know why it crashes, how I could fix it, and how to implement something with the functionality of tabs in firefox like I talked about. I'm anticipating that how to implement the tabbed pane will require something entirely different from what I've suggested...
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Kenneth Adam Miller <kennethadammiller gmail com>
File containing main program: http://cpp.pastebin.com/kfLzrbj2
File containing the only header: http://cpp.pastebin.com/0vrEiQqD
File containing the only actual file: http://cpp.pastebin.com/ZneYXr1j
I was hoping someone could look over my experiment with the notepad container in gtkmm. The experiment is really simple: it consists of a single notepad, with 2 buttons. One button is for creating tabs (aka pages), and one should be for closing the tab. It's well enough explained in the documentation for anyone that knows how to use gtkmm.
I think I got confused with a really elementary concept in C++... I thought that you could catenate strings and int's somehow just using the '+' in the source. Like...
cout << "sentence" + i; // this will output sentence0.
but this would have been cout << "sentence" << i just as well...
It was just minor confusion, there. I can probably fix that after a little bit of reading, but after messing with this implementation with the goal of figuring out what is making it quit when I use the "Close Tab" button, I havn't been worried about the simple thing.
I went back, and after looking it over I thought the problem could be due to the fact that I'm using the same label to initialize each page that's being created. I'm wondering if that is the problem.
Anyway, I'm sure there are some errors in there and someone will read it and have something to say. I want constructive criticism. I'm cool with everything, but please don't be rude.
] [Thread Prev