Re: Last chance for API fixes

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 09:25 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 11:26 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 12:42 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > Soon we'll have to do the x.y.0 releases of glibmm, gtkmm, and friends
> > > again:
> > > http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentynine/
> > >
> > > So this is your last chance to check for problems with new API:
> > > http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm/unstable/since_2_20.html
> > > (thought that's not yet a complete list. Please check the ChangeLog or
> > > NEWS to be sure.)
> >
> > Please check that list again and tell us immediately if you see any
> > problems.
>
> Sorry I didn't have time to do this earlier -- here's my quick review:
>
> - Gtk::Range::get_slider_range() should be const?

Fixed.

> - looks like we're missing a Gtk::Tooltip::unset_icon()?

I guess that's what's the NULL means. What do you think?:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkTooltip.html#gtk-tooltip-set-icon-from-gicon

> - missing class-level "Since 2.20" documentation for new classes

Fixed for ToolPalette, ToolItemGroup, OffscreenWindow and Spinner.

> - Gtk::ToolPalette:
>   - missing set-scroll-adjustments signal

It's an action signal, which we don't normally wrap. There's a comment
in the .hg file.

>   - properties not wrapped (not a big deal since there are accessors for
> them all)

I had forgotten to add them to the extra_defs_gen so they weren't in
the .defs. Fixed.

>   - Doesn't inherit from interface GtkBuildable

We don't even have Buildable yet, probably because we can't yet use it
anywhere else without breaking ABI.

It is in gtkmm-3maybe and ToolPalette will get it there via Widget:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm/commit/?h=gtkmm-3maybe&id=860549aec2bf38c98efd30c8d00502b605189103

> - Gtk::ToolItemGroup
>   - No properties wrapped - for normal properties, there are accessors,

Fixed by fixing the .defsf as above.

> but not for style properties or child properties (.. I'm not even sure
> how to wrap child properties in gtkmm)

I don't think we have a way. I've noticed it recently and I'd like to
have some API for it.

>   - Doesn't inherit from interfaces GtkBuildable or GtkToolShell\

Good fix. Fixed it to use ToolShell.

> - Gtk::OffscreenWindow
>   - doesn't inherit from interface GtkBuildable

As above.

>   - is it worth providing const versions of get_pixmap()/get_puxbuf()?

Added.

> - Gtk::Spinner
>   - doesn't inherit from interface GtkBuildable

As above.

>   - no properties wrapped (particularly 'active' will probably be
> important)

.defs fixed as above.

Many thanks for this.

www.openismus.com