Re: strange behavior of random numbers with gtkmm

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 21:30 +0200, michi7x7 wrote:
> By the way: what's exactly the problem with this behavour?
> You should always call srand before creating random numbers with rand(),
> so this should be no problem.
> Maybe gtk just uses rand() somewhere within it's initialisation to
> create some random window-id's, should be ok (from my point of view).

glib does have support for random numbers and provides random number API
(it might do something in its library with random numbers also).  glibmm
wraps the glib's random API but I still think that the bug would be
beneath the glibmm and gtkmm wrappers (in glib or gtk).  One good way to
be sure would be to write equivalent code in C and see if the same
happens there.

--
José