Focus Events

Hi All,

I have a few questions with the focus callback that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I have my code connecting to the signal_focus_out_event () for my entry widget. when i move the keyboard focus somewhere else (by clicking somewhere or pressing tab), i see my callback gets called which is great, but here are my questions.

1.) the prototype of the callback is: bool on_my_focus_out_event(
GdkEventFocus* event) and i was wondering what the return value signifies? at first, i thought returning true or false would let the focus be lost or keep the focus there. for example, if my entry widget only could contain a value between 0 and 10, i could keep the user in the same entry widget until a valid value was inputted. however, after doing testing, returning true and false seemed to have done the same thing.

2.) for the same callback, there is a GdkEventFocus pointer that is passed in. from looking at the documentation, I'm still confused. i want to know how i can get the widget that just lost focus? for example, i want to use the same callback to handle the losing of focus on 3 entry widgets but validate them differently. to validate the data, i need to obtain the text from the appropriate entry widget.

Thanks everyone! since I'm a newbie to gtkmm, it's probably something I'm doing incorrectly...

Mahalo!,
Mike