Re: GtkSourceViewmm bug

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 04:49 -0400, Adrian Petrescu wrote:
> Hey guys,
>

> I'm working off the latest tagged release of libgtksourceviewmm, which
> is gtksourceviewmm-2.10.0, and noticing that there's a significant
> bug.
>

> In the SourceLanguageManager, there's supposed to be a
> "guess_language" function with the following implementation:
[snip]

Yes, that is there, right?

> The semantics are supposed to be that you pass in both parameters, but
> only one or the other are non-NULL (it doesn't know what to do if you
> specify both or neither).

Because the parameters can be null, we should add method overloads that
omit the parameters. It may be necessary to add an extra method with a
different name for this.

We might also want to pass NULL instead of "" when the strings are
empty.

I don't see anything about not being able to specify non-NULL for both:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtksourceview/stable/GtkSourceLanguageManager.html#gtk-source-language-manager-guess-language

But please use bugzilla to report bugs or add patches.

www.openismus.com