Re: headers question

2010/1/11 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
>>   And does either pattern make a difference in the speed
>> with which the executable file is executed?
>
> No, if anything it would affect the size of your executable, though
> that's unlikely.

No, I am sure that what headers you include cannot affect the size of
the executable. The only thing that does affect the size is what code
you wrote and which libraries you link. Unnecessary headers will only
slow down compilation a bit, and make the compiler use some more
memory.

If you want to reduce the compilation time, you can make a precompiled
header. However, I don't know how to do it in Autotools, and you can
only have one precompiled header per file.

Regards, Krzysztof