Re: Custom widget children not shown

Paul Davis wrote:
On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Kees Kling <ckling upcmail nl> wrote:

Hi,

2 weeks ago I wrote a mail about custom widgets, but till now nobody reacted
on it , so I try again

I want to make a custom widget which has several  standard  widgets as
child,  like  butoons labels, etc. First I did it on the standard way,
deribing from a Gtk:;Frame and adding the widgets to the frame and that is
working pretty well. But I wnat to give the user the abillity to move the
set of widgets around and I got the Idea to give the widget its own
Gdk::Window

you need a Canvas widget, and specifically one that supports embedded widgets.

there are no good choices. this page provides an overview:

http://live.gnome.org/ProjectRidley

don't try to do this yourself.

Thanks for the idea. Now I based  my widget  on an eventbox and it does what I hoped for.

Regards

Kees Kling