Re: Custom widget and propagate on_expose_event

Paul Davis wrote:
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Kees Kling <ckling upcmail nl> wrote:

Hi,

I'm writing a sort of custom defined widget, which consists of several
standard widgets.

It is derived from  Gtk::Frame and has a Gtk::VBox . In the VBox I  placed
some buttons, labels and a drawing  area. So far everything works quit well.
For purposes like raising and moving this widget, I thought it was better to
give the widget a Gdk:: window and I added this in the on_realize() method
of this widget.

This is a totally broken design.

Inherit from DrawingArea or EventBox if you want the widget to have
its own window. Pack whatever else you want into the EventBox if you
need other items in there.

Thanks for the idea. Now I based  my widget  on an eventbox and it does what I hoped for

Regards

Kees Kling