Apologies for my inappropriate behavior

Hi everyone.  I must apologize to this list for my odd and inappropriate
behavior.  I don't want to cause any problems so I want to come as clean
as can without hurting anyone.

I studied to be a developer for a long time (since the mid 1980's).  I
went to college to become a developer and studied computer science doing
quite well because I have a mathematical mind.

My whole life has been mostly computer science, except that I also grew
up in a religious environment.  My mother introduced me, my brothers and
my sister into a Seventh-Day Adventist congregation which has also been
a very significant part of my life.

I've had a few ups and downs in my life and my faith has helped me
through those ups and downs so as time has gone by, my faith has taken a
more important part in my life than my career.  In fact, at one time I
seriously considered going into ministry because my love for studying
and sharing things from the Bible has grown more and more throughout my
years so much so that I enjoy that more than anything else in my life.

I never lost my programming abilities so I thought that I would still
exert my profession while serving my God and that's what I've tried to
do.  Unfortunately, my strong adherence to my faith makes me a little
different and I recognize that.  My faith teaches me to be humble
(simple), to be passive and not be confrontational and that's what my
tendencies are.

I notice that in this environment, if one does not respond to others
firmly (and even confrontationally at times) it doesn't work well so
I've tried to respond in what I think is what others would expect, but
that is not my nature.  In fact, I'm a very passive, kind individual who
doesn't enjoy confrontations at all.

For my behavior I want to apologize.  I don't mean to offend or mistreat
anyone; it is not my nature.  I've considered things and unfortunately
I've decided that though I can still develop, I should reconsider my
calling.  I really think that I'll focus on continuing to develop my
faith and certain abilities that I have related to that and focus on
that aspect of my life for now.  (I enjoy serving others and sharing my
faith with others and that's what I'll probably focus on for now).
Please forgive me and I really wish everyone well.  Please take good
care everyone and good luck.

--
José