Re: glibmm branched for 2.24

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 09:23 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 10:59 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 23:40 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> > > I started playing around with the new GSettings stuff in giomm,
> >
> > Thanks. I was about to ask for someone to check that API.
>
> Note that I only partially wrapped it so far.  Only the simplest methods
> are wrapped.  I haven't tacked any of the API that deals with GVariant
> at all, nor have I tackled GVariant itself, which seems like it could be
> quite 'fun' to wrap.  Any input from others on how to deal with GVariant
> (particularly from those who have experience with GValue) would probably
> be helpful.

It looks straight forward enough to wrap (not that I have enough
experience, just a a simple opinion).  It looks like it would be
necessary to wrap GVariantType also.  Also, gstreamermm has similar API
that it wraps without having to wrap all the getter methods (see
Gst::Structure and Gst::TagList).

--
José