Re: Thread problem in Windows

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:43:01 -0400
Armin Burgmeier <armin arbur net> wrote:
[snip]
> Use an idle handler or Glib::Dispatcher instead. I think for the
> latter there is an example in the gtkmm and/or glibmm tarball on how
> to use it.

In glibmm, posting idle callbacks is not thread safe, so
Glib::Dispatcher would be the way to go if a timeout to report progress
does not do what the OP wants, or he could use glib's
g_idle_add()/g_idle_add_full() directly, which are thread safe if he
has called Glib::thread_init/g_thread_init() first.

Chris