Re: what's the best IDE for gtkmm project development?

明覺 <shi minjue gmail com> wrote:

> as the title, thanks

In my opinion, a decent IDE for C++ has yet to be written for
the GNU/Linux/GNOME environment.

By decent, I mean:

+ It has reasonable memory/CPU consumption. To me, Eclipse/Netbeans
  memory consumptions are not reasonable.
+ It has components that know how to parse C++ correctly, and
  progressively.
+ It knows how to parse GNU Make/Automake files correctly and
  progressively.
+ Insert here the features of your favorite text editor and debugger
  and have them properly integrated.

Ideally, the IDE would be written in C++ and made of reusable C++
components.

This is a very hard problem :) I think it's easier to try and master
emacs/vim/autotools/the api of your $project for the time being :)

Just my 2 cents.

--
Dodji Seketeli
http://www.seketeli.org/dodji