Re: gtkentry->set_text("hello") segmentation fault signal 11

Good luck Oscar, keep coding

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Oscar Dávila <odavilar gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon quotidian org> wrote:
Oscar Dávila wrote:
ok i tried to do that i get a lot of errors.

when i used

Gtk::Entry* entry_rapidrate;
entry_rapidrate->get_text();
worked verywell

but set_text dont.

It is not possible that this worked, except by accident.  You're calling a function on a pointer that is pointing to a random memory address.

--
jonner

How do i solve my problem...
I'm not an expert in c++ nor in gtkmm, so i now my code is not the best code in the world, im very concius that it is maybe written in a wrong way. but this is how i solve my problem of the segmentation fault

i was doing this "refXml->get_widget("entry_casaherr_z", entry_casaherr_z);" in a function that was called when a button was pressed, to solve the problem i just put "refXml->get_widget("entry_casaherr_z", entry_casaherr_z);" in the int main() and then my

Gtk::Entry* entry_rapidrate;
entry_rapidrate->set_text("hello");

works..

Another thing is that all my Gtk widgets are defined like "Gtk::Widget* nameofwidget;"

So i dont know but maybe all my code is working by accident.

--
Atentamente:
Oscar Dávila Ramírez