general glibmm coding questions

Hi.

I'd like to use glibmm for some of my applications, just as glib itself is
used by many programs (outside of GNOME, or even without any GTK at all).

I have some general basic coding style questions:

1) Is it intended to use some parts of glib directly (where not wrapping
seems to be provided)? e.g. like version information defines, glib's
standard macros (G_OS_*, TRUE, FALSE, MIN, etc.), type conversion macros,
byte order macros, numerical definitions, etc.
What about Message Output and Debugging Functions, Glib utilites and
datatypes (the later probably not).

2) Should one use gint, gpointer, gsize, guint8, gucahr, etc. for the
primitive types, or should one use their standard names?

3) Should one generally use STL containers (vector, list, map)? Or anything
else?

4) What't the idea behind these Glib::Value* classes?

5) Is it ok to mix glib and glibmm usage?

6) Are there any plans for integration of parts from to boost libs?

7) Is there a glibmm documentation, that's not just a class documentation
but more text like the glib manual?

Thanks,
Chris.