Re: GStreamermm playbin2 question

Hi.  Glad to see you're using gstreamermm.

On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 19:39 +0200, Dirk Vanden Boer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some troubles playing files with gstreamermm using playbin2.
>
> Playing a list of files works like a charm when I connect to the
> signal_about_to_finish and set a new uri in the signal handler.
> The problem I face is playing multiple files and putting the stream to
> the READY status in between the files.

I'm not sure what's happening.  Maybe it has to do with how playbin2[1]
changes states.  The docs mentions that it is done in a separate thread
and apps should be written to work asynchronously.  I don't enough about
this but make sure that parts of your code can handle things with this
in mind.

[1]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin2.html

> After putting the stream to the READY status I can't put it into the
> PLAYING status again. I created a minimal testcase that reproduces my
> problem.
> The file can be found here:
> http://code.google.com/p/gejengel/source/browse/trunk/data/main.cpp
> Compile with: g++ main.cpp -o test `pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamermm-0.10`

This code runs okay here.

> The test case also contains a bug report concerning a segfault in the
> parse method of MessageStateChanged, it's explained on line 100

Thanks and apologies for that.  David had caught this bug and fixed it
some time ago and I should have paid more attention to its importance
and usefulness and made a release.  The soon upcoming release will have
this and a few other bugs fixed.

--
José Alburquerque