Re: Menu entry

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Grizzly(Francis Smit)
<grizzly smit id au> wrote:
> how do I install a menu entry for my app I think I need to put a .desktop
> file some where
> but where and how should my .desktop file look inside thanks in advance
I ever made a .desktop for mono exe files, I followed the steps:
1. read http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ to
know the .desktop file format
2. made the .desktop file, as the attached one, and copy it into
/usr/share/applications,
3. then exe "update-desktop-database" to make it effective.