need some advice for gtkmm on windows

Hi,

I am in the process of porting a POSIX application to Windows, and
would like some advice on what is currently the best route to take.

The application uses fork/execvp/select/pipe, so my first guess is
that I should probably use cygwin instead of mingw. However, I would
still like to use the win32 backend of gtk, rather than the x11
one. Is that at present possible & reliable at all? If not, are there
any other options besides cygwin to help me get around the unix
process/pipe handling on windows?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Kasper