Why we split the include directory to so many sub-directories?

Hi,

I know I can use property sheet in MSVC under Windows. But the reason I have to use it is that there are too many include directory to setup, to easy my life, I have to use the property sheet.

I checked the \gtkmm\include directory. It is like following:

├─atk-1.0
│  └─atk
├─atkmm-1.6
│  └─atkmm
│      └─private
├─cairo
├─cairomm-1.0
│  └─cairomm
├─gdkmm-2.4
│  └─gdkmm
│      └─private
├─giomm-2.4
│  └─giomm
│      └─private
├─glib-2.0
│  ├─gio
│  ├─glib
│  └─gobject

To include them, I have to put \gtkmm\include\atk-1.0\, \gtkmm\include\atkmm-1.6\, \gtkmm\include\gdkmm-2.4\, ... to my additional include directories.

However, it seems not necessary in this way. Why not put them together? Such as:

├─atk
├─atkmm
│  └─private
├─cairomm
├─gdkmm
│  └─private
├─giomm
│  └─private
├─gio
├─glib
├─gobject

So, when setting the project, I only need put \gtkmm\include to the additional include directories setting.

If we use autolink technology together, the MSVC is not necessary any more. Since it is just set the include and library directories, and library name.

--
Tao Wang