Re: Video Stream Application

On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 14:55 +0100, Bernd Robertz wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> this time, I don't have a problem, just a question.
>
> I want to create an simple application for video streaming from two
> sources:
>
> 1st source: Should be a ready to use stream from an IP camera (in this
> case a AXIS 207 via MP4 Stream)

You could use gstreamermm if Gst::TcpClientSrc[1] from gst-plugins-base
is added (which might not be that hard to do).  However, MP4 video
parsing[2] is part of the gst-plugins-bad GStreamer module and that is
not easily added at this time.  You'd have to use the plug-in
generically by creating it with Gst::ElementFactory::create_element()
(supplying the plug-in name for the factory name).

[1]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-tcpclientsrc.html
[2]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-plugin-mpeg4videoparse.html

> 2nd source: Should be a simple stream from an Linux compatible (and
> installed) USB webcam.

If there is a linux device associated with the webcam
(maybe /dev/video?) you should be able to use it as a source by using
Gst::FileSrc (opening it as a file), Gst::FdSrc (opening the device for
reading using file descriptors) or maybe Gst::GioSrc or
Gst::GioStreamSrc (using Giomm).

--
José Alburquerque
jaalburquerque cox net