Refreshing a Treeview within a modeless dialog window: How?

Hi all.  I'm struggling with gtkmm treeview refreshing on linux (CentOS 4).

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to refresh a treeview in a dialog window that is popped up w/ the show() command?
here is my code that is called every few seconds but the "update" only appears AFTER I move my mouse.  This is driving me
crazy.

What I've commented out doesn't do the trick.

Thanks so much!  I really appreciate your help.

void CEntitiesDisplayControls::m_vUpdateAirEntity(std::string &p_sName,
  double p_dPosX, double p_dPosY, double p_dPosZ, double p_dDistance)
{
  //1st: search all rows for this entity name
  std::string s3;
  Gtk::TreeModel::Children  allRows = m_trstTreeviewModel->children();
  Gtk::TreeModel::Children::iterator itrAllRows = allRows.begin();
  for(; itrAllRows!=allRows.end(); ++itrAllRows)
  {
    Gtk::TreeModel::Row row = *itrAllRows;
    Gtk::TreeModel::Children allSubRows= row.children();
    for (Gtk::TreeModel::Children::iterator itrSubRow=allSubRows.begin();
      itrSubRow != allSubRows.end(); ++itrSubRow)
    {
      Gtk::TreeModel::Row subRow = *itrSubRow;
      if ( (s3=subRow[m_cModelColumns.m_colName]) == p_sName)
      {
        subRow[m_cModelColumns.m_colPosX] = CUtilityFuncs::m_strDoubleToString(p_dPosX, CUtilityFuncs::g_iFIXED_NOTATION, 3);
        subRow[m_cModelColumns.m_colPosY] = CUtilityFuncs::m_strDoubleToString(p_dPosY, CUtilityFuncs::g_iFIXED_NOTATION, 3);
        subRow[m_cModelColumns.m_colPosZ] = CUtilityFuncs::m_strDoubleToString(p_dPosZ, CUtilityFuncs::g_iFIXED_NOTATION, 3);
//        subRow->set_value(m_cModelColumns.m_colPosX, CUtilityFuncs::m_strDoubleToString(p_dPosX, CUtilityFuncs::g_iFIXED_NOTATION, 3));
//        Gtk::TreeModel::Path p=m_trstTreeviewModel->get_path(itrSubRow);
//        m_trstTreeviewModel->row_changed(p, itrSubRow);
//        m_vUpdateGUI();
      }// if found matching air entity name
    } // for itrRowChildren
  } // for itr
} // m_vUpdateAirEntity

Sincerely, Allen

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.