Re: libglademm and signal autoconnect (implemented)

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 18:24 +0300, Stas Sergeev wrote:
> OK, now you can finally see the
> Xml::signal_autoconnect() implementation:
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=130024
> The example now uses it and still works.
>
> > And this only works for void something(void) slots, rights, and even
> > only for signals called "clicked"?
> It works for any slots and all signals.
> Not all the widgets are supported today -
> I added the support only for those that
> were supported by connect_clicked().
> Adding the rest is a trivial 10-minutes
> task though.
> Please let me know if you are interested
> in this patch. I'll then do whatever
> modifications you feel necessary and add
> the support for the rest of the widgets.
> I personally find the autoconnect() functionality
> to be very cool and usefull. :)

As I've just mentioned in the bug report, I don't find it acceptable to
hard-code references to every widget's signals in libglademm (or
Gtk::Builder). Not only would that be a massive list for all of gtkmm's
objects, which we'd have to keep up-to-date, but that list could not
contain signals for objects/widgets that are not part of gtkmm, such as
gtksourceviewmm or libgnomedbmm.

www.openismus.com