Re: Scale Gtk::Image

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 18:11 +0200, Daniel Elstner wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 26.06.2009, 18:07 +0200 schrieb Murray Cumming:
> > >
> > > I think it will normally be just as large as the image it shows.  If you
> > > want to display a scaled image, then load it into a Gdk::Pixbuf and
> > > scale that.  I think there is even a method to load and scale an image
> > > file at the same time.
> > >
> > > Then just tell the Gtk::Image to display your scaled Gdk::Pixbuf.
> >
> > This is what I do in Glom:
> > http://git.gnome.org/cgit/glom/tree/glom/utility_widgets/imageglom.cc#n292
> >
> > I call that scale() method in my expose_event handler.
>
> You override the expose_event handler of the Gtk::Image and set a new
> pixbuf from in there?
>
> That's bold. :-)
>
> I'd try hooking into size_allocate() instead.

For learning purposes, am I wrong in thinking that by the time the
Gtk::Image is exposed, its size has been allocated?  Is it the case that
in the allocation phase the widget is informed what its size must be
while in the expose phase the size has already been determined?  Sorry
if it's a dumb question.

--
José Alburquerque